Fasting in a nutshell is refraining from eating food for the purpose of spiritual growth and sensitivity.
1) To declare over our life and body that we are going to do more than merely exist.
2) Because we want to hear God.
3) Because we long for breakthrough in our lives.
Ways to fast:
1) No water, no food - this is a supernatural ability and should only be done with strong leading from God and approval of doctors.
2) Water only
3) No food; minimal liquid supplement
4) Daniel fast (Daniel 1) - no meats or sweets - only vegetables, fruit and water
5) Omit meals
Results of fasting:
1) Deeper, more intimate and powerful relationship with the Lord.
2) Powerful cleansing work
- body - removes toxins
- mind - removes distractions
- spirit - removes strongholds
4) Releases faith
5) Increases wisdom
6) Powerful and lasting breakthroughs
"We were created to be led, not driven"
"Fasting is like buttoning your shirt starting with the top button first. Somehow the Lord lines up the rest of the buttons in our life and makes sure they get buttoned."