Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Songs you can 'see'

As a songwriter I was encouraged by this verse this morning:

Psalm 40:3 "He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord."

I get the impression that people can 'see' things when they hear a song. Maybe they can see hope or love or a reason to get up and live today because of what we sing. I certainly have been touched by a song many times in my life.

A truth set to music can really do something deep in your soul, even change your mind.

So as I set out to write a song today, I hope that it will be a song that God puts in my mouth and causes the listeners to see God in such a powerful way that they actually end up trusting Him either for the first time or for the millionth time!

No comments:

Post a Comment