Wednesday, December 19, 2012

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 12

I'm so tired! I have to confess, I crashed a bit today. It's been so busy with concerts the past two nights in a row, working at the church, keeping up with home stuff and the Christmas project I'm blogging about.

I came home from working at the church and working out at the gym and my brain was so exhausted I didn't think I could carry on in any kind of creative venture today.

In spite of exhaustion, I did listen to some music that the orchestra conductor sent me and have been pondering how best to proceed with him. Do I have him listen to what I'm writing and see if he is inspired by it and can write orchestration for my songs for a live show? Or do I record the songs first and then come back to him with the finished product and have him write arrangements for a live show then? And how much will his work cost? So many decisions!

I also spent some time listing all the songs I've written relating to Christmas and the popular tunes I'd like to record too and I have too many for one project. That means I will have to cut some out. Ouch!!!!

For now.....it's back to the church tonight for rehearsal and service planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment