Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 47 The first listening party

2 friends listening
I did it.

I had my first 'listening party' for the Christmas CD and show project.

I was terribly scared and terribly excited, all wrapped into one.

But early this morning I was reading a journal of mine from 1999.  (That was the year I started my very first CD project "Under The Big Blue Sky").  I smiled as I read because in there I wrote that I was terribly afraid that people wouldn't like it and that they wouldn't like me.  It's that same familiar feeling coming back, but I'm getting used to the fact that this is just part of what an artist feels when they produce a new work .  It's bearing your soul to the world and that can be a very risky thing.

Tea and Treats
It went well, however.  Two friends took time out of their busy lives to come and experience the music and join me as I dream.   I hope they are encouraged to dream.

P.S.  "Night of Miracles" officially began it's journey in Nashville as they started recording today.  I will hopefully get to hear it on Thursday.  It's the first song of the CD to begin the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment