Saturday, December 29, 2012

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 22

Last night Tom and I watched a show on Netflix we have recently discovered and enjoy. It's about a family who moves to Africa to care for wild animals. The episode we watched last night had elephants in it. I had to smile to myself.

They were HUGE!

This project is feeling HUGE. After all, how hard can it be to write lyrics? Sometimes not hard at all. Other times......very tough!

But I did it.

Today, after cleaning, taking a friend out to breakfast for her birthday (in a snow storm) and helping her figure out the right key for a song she is going to record soon, I came up with more words to the song I've been wrestling with all week. It's getting past that block point that seems to be the trick.

Finding the balance between breaking the block and not forcing lyrics is a tough act sometimes.

At least I am now on my way to tuning into what I really want to say in this song.

I close with a contentedness in my soul and leave you with the scene I have enjoyed this afternoon as I wrote more lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment