Monday, December 10, 2012

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 3

Today was a full day!  I worked at the church where I serve part time so I didn't have much time to eat my elephant.  This was definitely a 'one bite at a time' day for the Christmas project.

However, since my job is music at the church, any practicing I do on the piano or even in singing, means I am contributing to anything else I do musically because it's all working toward being a better musician and each affects the other.

When I got home, I made supper, spent a long time on the phone trying to deal with a credit card machine dispute on my statement (from sales at concerts) and really felt like just collapsing on the couch afterward.

Though I did take a moment to rest, I was interrupted by the phone ringing, so that ended the rest.  That gave me what I needed though to get up and work on my elephant.

This will be the good thing about daily blogging.  It will keep me accountable to stick with it because I need to let you know what I'm doing each day toward the project.

So I spent some time just sitting and praying.  This is no small undertaking in so many ways, so I think that any time I can spend praying over it is time well spent.

Next, I wrote another verse to a song about taking a ride in the sleigh.  I love snow and this will be my second snow song on the project.  It needed another verse so I took my first stab at verse # 3.  I'm sure it will need improvement, but getting something down on paper is another step in the process.  Now I can go back later and re-write it.

So long....on this rainy Monday.






No comments:

Post a Comment