Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 53 "Now That I'm 90"

"Now That I'm 90"
Detour from my diet. 

I spent the day with my Mother.  It was her 90th birthday.

This is a woman who has survived so much......
  • first husband died after 2 years of marriage and left her with a 7 month old son
  • her 2 year old son drowned in the farm pond just days after turning 2 (I was 6 months old)
  • the son of her first husband was killed in a farm accident when he was 26 (I was 7 years old)
  • her parents died around the same time 
  • her second husband died of cancer (I was 35)
  • spinal meningitis
  • breast cancer
....you get the picture.

So as we celebrated 90 years together, there was such a sense of accomplishment in the air.

My favorite phrase of the day........"Now that I'm 90".......

I began thinking.  What would I say if it were my 90th birthday?  We got sidetracked somehow and she never finished her sentence.  

So....how would you finish it?

Now that I'm 90_______________________

I'd love to know what you'd say.

P.S.  I think I found the type of sound I want for my "MOPS" song (Mothers of Preschoolers) for my Christmas show.  I was thinking of taking it off the consideration list (at least for the CD) but after hearing this song today on the radio, I was inspired to put it back on the list.  Thanks Francesca Battistelli.  Nice to be inspired by someone else's music.





No comments:

Post a Comment