|"Now That I'm 90"|
Detour from my diet.
I spent the day with my Mother. It was her 90th birthday.
This is a woman who has survived so much......
- first husband died after 2 years of marriage and left her with a 7 month old son
- her 2 year old son drowned in the farm pond just days after turning 2 (I was 6 months old)
- the son of her first husband was killed in a farm accident when he was 26 (I was 7 years old)
- her parents died around the same time
- her second husband died of cancer (I was 35)
- spinal meningitis
- breast cancer
So as we celebrated 90 years together, there was such a sense of accomplishment in the air.
My favorite phrase of the day........"Now that I'm 90".......
I began thinking. What would I say if it were my 90th birthday? We got sidetracked somehow and she never finished her sentence.
So....how would you finish it?
Now that I'm 90_______________________
I'd love to know what you'd say.
P.S. I think I found the type of sound I want for my "MOPS" song (Mothers of Preschoolers) for my Christmas show. I was thinking of taking it off the consideration list (at least for the CD) but after hearing this song today on the radio, I was inspired to put it back on the list. Thanks Francesca Battistelli. Nice to be inspired by someone else's music.