Thursday, February 7, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 54 "Portraits of White"

Yesterday my mother celebrated 90 years.

Saturday morning we will have a memorial service for Tom's mother in Grand Rapids, MI.

It's been quite a week.

I need to get packed....we leave tonight.  Sounds like we are heading into snow as we drive through PA, OH and into MI.  A big snow storm is predicted for the Northeastern U.S.

Seems like a fitting day to share the lyrics to one of my favorite tunes for the Christmas CD.  We're going for an Enya type sound on this song.

"Portraits of White"

Frolicking frills of falling flakes
dressing the earth in silk and lace
dazzling, delicate garments of snow
are warming the earth in the midst of the cold
these are the portraits of white

Whispery winds of winter white
dancing across the starlit night
twirling and swirling and sweeping the lane
whisking the blues of the season away
these are the portraits of white

Shimmering rays of shining sun
making the winter seem like fun
carving and melting a bend in the snow
wanting a friend who will see where it goes
these are the portraits of white

Even while I worked at the church today, electric guitars were being added to "Night of Miracles".  Nice to have someone eating my elephant even when I can't get to it.  One bite at a time....even if it's someone else's bite.  





1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about Tom's mother. Prayers for you and Tom. Those are gorgeous lyrics, Frances. They painted the most beautiful picture in my head. You ought to be a poet as well! I am going to miss you so much this Saturday!!!! :*( The part I was looking forward to the most at the concert was going with you!!

    ReplyDelete