Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 61 Eaten by elephants

This week isn't starting off much better than last week.

Last Monday night we hit a deer after a long trip home from MI.

Last night (Monday night) my mother fell and hit her head and was taken to the emergency room.

Today I got a call at church from the local medical clinic saying I needed to come and get my husband.  He had cut his finger severely and couldn't drive 'because he is shaking' the nurse said.

We spent the afternoon in the emergency room.  Fortunately, though the finger is badly sliced from a press brake in his shop, the bone is not broken.  He was scheduled to have surgery on his other hand next Wednesday.  That will put him out of commission with both hands.  Not a great idea when you are a self-employed machinist and metal fabricator.

We just kept saying how grateful we were that it didn't cut his finger off. 

We both laughed when he said his elephant turned on him, stepped on him and then took a big bite out of him.  He's catching on to this whole elephant thing.  Maybe I should switch to a soft fuzzy caterpillar analogy.

So tonight, I am trying to re-send the Christmas songs to another producer that I thought I sent last night, but apparently never went through.  Then, I am calling it quits. 

I rarely see my husband traumatized, but he was definitely shook up (or should I say cut up) today.  He thinks a batch of chocolate chip cookies or a cherry pie could make him feel better.

He's probably right.  But the elephants would probably eat them all first.

2 comments:

  1. I'm starting to think that as soon as you take a bite of this elephant, it just grows back! I hope Tom and your mother are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Ellen! It's beginning to feel that way. I guess the last bite will be the big one that finally takes care of it. Hopefully I'll know when that is. Perhaps when the CD is done and selling and the show is over with.

    ReplyDelete