Friday, February 22, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 64 Notes of Encouragement

So much has transpired in the past 2 days:

  • a long phone conversation with my previous producer leading to the decision to have him be the producer of my Christmas CD (meet Eric Copeland - President of Creative Soul Records)
  • many e-mail exchanges, music file sharing and talks about budget 
  • a miracle - in the sense that Eric gave me a much lower price than expected (because of all his past experiences, he has come up with ways to make this more affordable to artists like me so I am now able to move forward sooner than I thought!)
AND.....I have received some encouraging notes from readers and I want to share them!


Reader # 1:

My dear friend,

You and Tom have been in my thoughts and prayers often the past few days.  I want to encourage you to keep going forth with your vision and dream for what God has placed in your heart.  What I've seen in my own life and in the lives of others I've seen step into their destiny and into the place God is directing them is this: it seems like things come against us and our dream when things are on the brink of God moving us more into where He wants us to be.  The enemy does not want you to doing what you are doing or for you and Tom to move into all God has for you.  ______ and I have been experiencing a lot of the same things the past few months since moving into this new area of our lives.  


Our car totally died a few months ago and God told us not to take out any more loans but to trust Him to provide another vehicle.  Since quitting my job as office administrator it's been very tight financially.  Since we feel right now that I'm not to get another job, it's tight.  I have to keep fighting to not go get another job.  It's been a challenge to be without a car the past few months.  

Sometimes I fight also with doubt about the things I feel like God is telling me to do in the near future.  God has been giving some specific scriptures to stand on and I keep them with me and try to speak them over myself everyday.   I'm sure you have already done this, but ask God to give you specific scriptures to stand on.  One scripture I felt drop into my spirit to pray over you and Tom when I heard about all that has been happening to you guys this week is this:

Isaiah 54:17 -Amplified Bible (AMP)

17 But no weapon that is formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall show to be in the wrong. This [peace, righteousness, security, triumph over opposition] is the heritage of the servants of the Lord [those in whom the ideal Servant of the Lord is reproduced]; this is the righteousness or the vindication which they obtain from Me [this is that which I impart to them as their justification], says the Lord.

Psalm 18:33

Amplified Bible (AMP)
33 He makes my feet like hinds’ feet [able to stand firmly or make progress on the dangerous heights of testing and trouble]; He sets me securely upon my high places.

We love you guys and continue to keep you in our prayers.  


Reader # 2

Dear Frances, oh my word what the past several days have been put forth to you and Tom. You both have been on my mind and I know so many friends are praying for you. Isn't it just the time you needed to hit one of those pot holes in your life? 

So often we are on the verge of success and darkness overcomes us. What if the Lord would turn His heart from us when bad things happen to good people. He knows the struggle you are going through. Thank God He hears us when we call..or cry out to Him during these times. When I was your age I did not have Jesus in my heart like you do, and I was always blaming or complaining to someone about my bad "luck" (no such thing as luck).


It's according to Gods Plan with you Frances. 

Take a peek at what our ancestors had to struggle with.....It takes my breath away what men, wives and oh those children must have suffered through. But God is love....God is love.

Please know our prayers are with you and Tom.

Peace and Love,
Gary & Annette



Reader # 3

After catching up on the blog today, she decided to call me and tell me that Tom needs to pick a different animal for his life.  If the elephant really is turning on him, stepping on him and taking bites out of him, he needs to re-think this.  Agreed.  But I'm afraid I've influenced him.

We laughed.  I asked her what her animal would be. 

"A Giraffe" she said without any hesitation.  "Because I'm always sticking my neck out".

Love it!  

Thank you everyone for your prayers, laughs and words of encouragement.  

 P.S.  (Did you know that you can leave comments, but make yourself anonymous if you want - that way everyone who is reading can enjoy the comments - like a little blog family that is supporting me - just a thought)

2 comments:

  1. Frances, I am so sorry for the trials you and your husband are facing right now. My heart goes out to you in the struggle. And yet I have learned in my own life (as well as watching the lives of others) that crises are a part of the journey we travel in our quest to follow Jesus. And the crises often occur at the worst possible moment! Yet it is all a part of learning how to trust Him in all things. He will help you and guide you and provide for you... of that I have no doubt whatsoever. How he does it is up to him - but that he will do it I believe wholeheartedly. Therefore, I encourage you to walk in what you know in your heart, not in what you see with your eyes. That is the surest way to please God!

    Blessings to you, dear friend. I will continue to pray for you and your husband and the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anonymous! I am certainly seeing God at work as we walk through this and we will keep on going. My heart's desire is to always trust Him completely no matter what.

    Thanks for the encouragement and prayers!

    ReplyDelete