Monday, March 25, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 83 Magnets?

I heard a woman over the weekend make a comment about a show she recently attended a show at the Luhrs Center (a venue I'm considering for my show).  She had a wonderful time - it was obvious.

My heart fluttered at this comment.  I wanted to pull her aside and ask her so many things.

  • What show did you see?
  • Why was it so wonderful?
  • How much did you pay?
  • Was it worth that ticket?
  • Would you take a friend and go see it again?
  • Why?

Of course, as you might have guessed, was thinking about my own show and how much I want to come up with one that really touches people. I want them to laugh, have a great time and walk away feeling inspired about the holidays, about hope AND about going to the show again!

It was refreshing to hear her rave about it.  I smiled and went on my way. (she wasn't talking to me - I wasn't part of the conversation).  

Does your heart flutter inside of you sometimes when you hear something or see something?  You can't explain it, but it's like a magnet inside of you that says - "I want to do that too" or "that's exactly what I've been looking for".   It pulls you in and it is definitely an indicator of what you might be intended to pursue.  Like when someone has the courage to step out and do something you've always wanted to do.  It pulls you in, lifts you up, and gives you courage to take some steps of your own.

Just hearing one woman's comments about another show sparked my soul.  It's those little happenings that keep me going.

Tonight, I spent time preparing to meet with the sound company about the show.  We meet tomorrow for coffee.  This will be the third time we've tried to meet.

Here we go!

P.S.  I'm beginning to wonder if Spring is delayed in coming here to PA just to keep reminding me of the beauty of snow and keep me psyched for this Christmas show.  It snowed again all day???



No comments:

Post a Comment