Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 93 The Ever Evolving Music

Tonight I received an updated 'rough' version of the song "Night of Miracles".  They've added orchestral parts to what the band did a few weeks ago.  It's really starting to sound full!  It takes some getting used to because it sounds different than it did when the band recorded it.  Strings and timpani make it sound big and lush.  It will be wonderful when it's live on stage!

I promised myself I wouldn't get attached to the initial recording, but it didn't work out too well on my end.  (it never does!). Although I haven't listened to the song since the week they recorded it, I still remember very clearly what it sounded like then.

When we add my vocals, it will sound even more different.  When it's time to mix everything together, they will pull up certain instruments and pull others down (in volume).  It's all part of the process.  You just have to hold steady through it all.

Today I also received a final listing of all the fees to use Live At Rose Lehrman.  I wish I had time to sit down and figure out the total cost of the venue, but I need to finish preparing for my trip to CO tomorrow morning.  It will have to wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment