Tuesday, May 7, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 105 An Answer from HACC

I heard back from HACC already!  I didn't expect to hear so soon.

If I want the Christian Student Fellowship group to sponsor my event at no cost to me, the students must have a prominent role in the performance.

I've pondered this all day and I have come to the conclusion that I'm not sure that is the direction I want to go.  I'm already juggling a lot of things in my life without adding the complication of involving students I don't know on a professional level, especially since it's not a music or dance club or some kind of specialty club that is used to performing.

I honestly don't think I can manage a CD project, a big show, caring for my mother, working part time at the church, doing concerts and events already scheduled AND bring on a group of students too.  One must draw the line and I have the pencil.  : )

I am so delighted that I have made these contacts however, and you never know what might come of this in the future.  For now, I'm off to a good start with the school and felt warmly received from the very beginning.  I have been impressed with their prompt and professional responses.

I feel like I'm on my way to building a good lasting relationship with this school.  For now, I think I need to let go of the idea of having them sponsor the show.

An update on my mother.......I called the hospital on my way to the church last night (I had a meeting to lead) and they told me that she was about ready to be sent home.  The nurse from the retirement community where she lives called later and left me a message saying that they did x-rays and no bones have been broken or fractured.

Can you hear me sigh a big sigh of relief.   I could use two of me sometimes!  For now, the only one of me that I have is very grateful that she is ok.

Now off to a birthday party.  

No comments:

Post a Comment