Monday, May 6, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 104 Good News and Bad News

The Rose Lehrman Arts Center at HACC where I met Jean and Travis today.
Good news:   I met with Jean and Travis today at HACC.  They seem excited about the possibility of sponsoring my show and confirmed that if they did, there would certainly be benefits for both of us!  The next step is for them to take this idea to the student government group and a few other people to talk about details and the possibility of a contract so that all involved are clear on the deal.

They weren't sure that I could sell tickets if they sponsor the show, so that is a very important detail, but aside from that, I walked away feeling great about the connection no matter what happens in the end.  It was a profitable meeting and Travis - the new president elect of the Christian Student Fellowship Group - was excited about the possibility and shared that their group has never done something of this size but he liked the idea.  He even asked if we could begin our meeting with prayer.  Of course!!!!

Bad news:  As I walked out of the building to my car and felt my soul elevate to another level, I received a voice message that my Mother (who is 90) fell shortly before they called and they were taking her to the ER.  She was apparently complaining about pain in her left hip which is the hip she broke Feb. 13, 2012.  The doctor was so pleased with her progress at her last check up and told me that many people her age never make it this far.  My soul quickly fell from the elevated state it was just in a moment ago.

As I processed this information, I realized that one of my fears about doing this show is how my Mother will be health-wise. Is it safe for me to commit to such a big adventure at this point in her life? I always want to be available to her if she needs me.  A big show will certainly put a strain on my time with her.

On the drive home, I committed all of this to God, one more time, and asked Him to lead my steps and show me what to do.

I'll have to continue my Christmas shop story another day.....gotta run.


No comments:

Post a Comment