Thursday, August 8, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day 126 Sneaky Zucchini


Anyone who grows zucchini knows that it can very quickly sneak up on you and grow to elephant size proportions!  Yes, I have grown a zuc that could feed an elephant.  I try to check my plants every few days to avoid an infestation, but obviously I am losing the battle.  I now have a 'baseball bat' factory in my back yard.  (I saw a recipe that called for zucchini and encouraged us to NOT let them get to be the size of a baseball bat.)  Too late for me.  I sense yet another batch of zucchini somethings-or-other coming up.  Zucchini milkshakes???

I have very little time left to focus on my vocals for my Christmas CD.  Next week I head to TN to finish them and I don't feel ready.  Somehow it has snuck up on me.  Not that I haven't been watchful and trying to fit in rehearsals, but after 15 gigs in July, Dr. appointments with my mother, a recent death in my husband's family and yes - raising and consuming giant zucchini, I think it has snuck up on me.

Today I am focusing on the final song we need to record called "you with me" (my favorite on this album).

I have marked on my lyrics sheet where we need to put background vocals.  After texting my vocal producer, Phil, I found out that he would like me to have a sense of what I will be adding to all the other songs when I come.  He will then give ideas as we work.  So, I need to go back to the other songs and decide where I want background voices.

Tomorrow we head to North Carolina to mourn with my husband's brother who lost his wife last week to cancer.  I will be singing "You Raise Me Up" at the funeral.  I hope I can make it through the song,  otherwise, it will be a piano solo.  I have never handled funerals real well and have considered telling people that I just don't sing at funerals.  It's so hard to sing with big lumps in your throat and pain in your heart.  But I will try to focus on the words and the strength that it will hopefully provide to the family.

For now, I must get back to finishing these Christmas tunes.

This has crept up on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment