Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 37 My hero

Tonight I am back to tackling my 'to do' list.

One of the things on my list is to begin preparing for a session with my music hero and live show producer Tom Jackson.

A record producer makes all yours songs shine on a recording - choosing the players, the songs and coordinating all of it.

A live show producer takes the songs and pulls them apart looking for special things within each song to help you create moments for your audience.  It's the part that really begins to help you connect with people from a stage.

I first heard Tom at a seminar for music artists in Franklin, TN.  As soon as I heard him speak,  I knew that someday I would want to set a goal to work with him.  This year will hopefully be the year.  Since that first encounter, he has become quite popular with the music industry and he's much harder to book now (should have booked him back then).

In preparation for working with him, I have to choose 4 - 6 songs for him to listen to.  I have started the list, but it's like picking your favorite 4 out of 12 children.  Not an easy task.  But since I've worked with his assistant over the years and have studied his materials over and over, I have a sense of which ones I'd like to have him tear apart.

Here's a photo of Tom's great assistant Amy Wolter and I working together last summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment