Friday, January 18, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 40 A Listening Party

I can't believe it's day # 40 already.

I certainly have learned a valuable lesson.  It's one thing to be told that if you just do a little bit each day toward your goal you will accomplish a lot, and another thing to actually do it and find that it's true.

After rambling last night in my blog about all the things I wish for and complaining about being so tired at night that I'm too brain dead to do anything creative, I actually did begin to work on something else on my 'to do' list.  I guess I just needed to clear the air.

I started planning my upcoming listening party that I promised two of my friends before the end of January.  This involves putting together an interesting way of presenting the music to the girls who I hope will be my song sisters for the Christmas show (otherwise known as back up singers - though they will be more than that!!).

I began writing a script that ties everything together and tells a story of my own journey back to the heart of Christmas.  Today I finished it, recorded it and listened back, already hearing some changes I need to make.

They are coming in a couple of weeks, so I want time to let it all settle and listen again before they listen.

This is a scary adventure.  It might be compared to presenting story boards for a movie idea.  It's such a small way to present such a big vision, but you have to start somewhere.

The music is in its raw form....just a simple recording.  I want everyone to hear the finished product.  It's like getting dressed up to go out with your soon to be husband who only sees the good stuff on the outside of you (the finished recording) versus waking up first thing in the morning with your husband when your hair is a wreck and you have no makeup on (the homemade version of the music).  It feels totally vulnerable.   But I am committed to seeing this thing through.

I'll continue the journey on Monday - taking a weekend break again.  I think it did me good last weekend and I intend to do it again.

Thanks for reading and thanks for cheering me on!

Have a great weekend.  And oh - what is YOUR elephant that you could start tackling one bite at a time?  This really works!

2 comments:

  1. I am so enjoying this blog! Thank you for sharing your highs and lows, and fears and victories. I haven't yet decided what elephant to tackle in my life, but you are definitely encouraging me to go for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy. Sharing our journey with others is a great way to encourage each other. Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete