Friday, February 15, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 59 The Music BIZ!

I was supposed to meet with the conductor this afternoon, but alas, he is sick again.  Offered to meet with a masked face, but we decided it best to postpone the meeting again.  Not a problem, I have plenty to do!  I suggested an IV with Vitamin C, but he's already taking huge doses.  Blessings on you Dr. Ritz!

I tackled a very big elephant that has been breathing down my neck for weeks.  It was good to have the whole day to devote toward it.  My accounting books are now in order for my tax accountant.  I usually have them done by the 1st week in January but there's been some elephants keeping me from it.  (I don't like to procrastinate but it's been a 'zoo').  

This is the biz side of the music.  Keeping track of all my sales, royalties (yes - I'm getting some royalty money for songs on radio and internet - woo hoo!) advertising, traveling, printing, CD stock re-orders, etc., etc.

Made some phone calls related to upcoming bookings (and the bookings are beginning to stack up again.)  That's a good thing because it will help toward this project.

More behind the scenes communication today about the project, but still can't say!

No word from the producer yet about a price for the CD project.  Bummer.  

Listened to Pandora station while I was doing my books and spreadsheets.  How nice to listen to music all day.  It's a rare chance I get since most of what I do is music and you can't work on music while listening to music.  Pandora is fun because you can create your own stations, select artists and give a thumbs up or down for each song so it will be played later or not at all if you don't like!

By the way, did you know that I have my "Inside Things" project on Pandora and you can create your own Frances Drost station?  This is where some of the royalties come from. 

So off I go to the print shop to get my books ready for 2013.  Then I will spend a night of watching movies with Tom since we didn't get to spend Valentine's Day together yesterday. 

I'm ready for an evening off!


No comments:

Post a Comment