Tuesday, January 1, 2013

"The Elephant Blog" Day # 24

Another busy day. Though I worked on one of my songs, I had very little time because of work at the church to be done and a New Year's Eve service to do. So I'm blogging a day late, but I guess better late than never.

I tried my song on the guitar again and began to become distracted by the fact that I can't quite play on the guitar what I hear in my head. I'm much more proficient on the piano, so that's rarely a distraction when writing on the piano. I just feel like so much more comes alive on this song with the guitar. I should just find a better guitar player and stay focused on rewriting lyrics.

I put down the guitar because I was out of time and was feeling frustrated. The temptation is to practice the guitar and lose focus on the writing of the lyrics.

It's amazing how easy it is to lose focus on the goal. Right now the goal is to get my song lyrics as great as they can be. I have to keep reminding myself of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment