Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 43

It's another 'one bite' day. Church work today, meeting tonight and some booking details to wrap up in between. Bookings for the summer and fall are beginning to roll in.

I sent a vocal track to Dave today - the producer of the song "Night Of Miracles".

When you use a producer in Nashville, a lot of work is done over the Internet. It's an interesting world.

I met with him when I was in town so we got to discuss what I'm looking for. Now, this week, as he arranges for the band, he needs to have me singing it so they can play along with me. Since I'm in PA, I sent him a recording today of just my voice - no instruments. He will then paste that into his software and play it for the band. Eventually, I will go in person to record the final vocals, but all he needs right now is a general vocal track as a guide.

Just got word that Matthew West's drummer and Chris August's bassist are lined up to start working on the song this coming Monday.  It is very common for players like this to be available to play on other people's projects.

Gotta love technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment