Monday, March 11, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 75 The Right Thing

Over the weekend my husband and I tried to imagine how it would work for me to go to TN this week for 'tracking day' with him struggling to get along without me since his hands aren't functioning too well yet.  He's always been very supportive of me, so I knew that he would try hard to manage without me if I decided to go.


Sometimes when I can't make up my mind about something I have to 'try it on' for size and see how a decision feels one way or another.  So I decided to make plans to go to TN.  But as hard as I tried, I just couldn't get my decision to go to TN to fit right.  It's almost like shopping for clothes.  A garment can look great on the rack or even on the mannequin but you don't know how well it will really fit until you try it on.  This one didn't fit.

When I finally surrendered to the idea that it really would be best for me to stay home and help my husband, I knew that was the right fit, even though it's very hard!

So it looks like I'll be 'skyping' in on the tracking session on Wednesday afternoon.  I'm so thankful that we live in a day when I can at least be present via the internet.  

Praying that God will be present in the session and bring the songs to life as they start to take shape.




No comments:

Post a Comment