Monday, May 3, 2010

Bird Song 5/3/10

I was away for 3 days leading worship at a camp with about 70 women.  It was an awesome weekend!  The women were easy to lead in worship and that always makes it a great experience for me.

We were located on a beautiful campground and so Sunday morning I got up early and went for a walk in the woods.  I heard one loud squirrel who seemed quite upset by my presence there and saw two beautiful deer jumping gracefully through the forest.  Funny how they didn't make a sound.  I only saw them because I noticed their bright white tails ahead of me.  I watched them move majestically away from me.

I had to chuckle to myself at the stark difference between the loud scolding squirrel and the serenely quiet deer.

I took my walk this morning. I walk faster when I listen to upbeat music, but since I walk by a stream on part of my walk, I just had to shut off the music and listen to the birds.  They fill my soul!

Today I tried something different for my devotional notes.  Decided to just sit at the piano, hit record and see what would come - though I definitely wanted to give the feel of the birds singing to each other.

Enjoy! Listen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment