Tuesday, December 25, 2012

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 17

Christmas Eve. (Though I won't get to post it until Christmas Day due to no Internet connection.)

Very long day...full of food prep and church service prep.

The only bite I took today from the elephant was to work on rewriting one of my christmas tunes while I drove from home to the church. It's about a 20 minute drive which gave me a little bit of think time and oddly enough, some new words came to me as I drove.

I'm anxious to work on them, but it's late and tomorrow is another big day.

On a different note, I saw the most precious thing today. I stopped to pick up a last minute item and was shocked at the amount of traffic and shoppers still out and about. I sat in a long line of cars waiting for the light to turn green.

Finally, it turned green and just as we began to move, the car in front of me stopped and stuck his hand out the passenger window and gave a homeless man standing along the road what must have been money. I was so touched by his thoughtfulness and I paused, gasped and then felt some tears flow freely down my face. I could have sighed and been frustrated at this hold up, but instead, I was somehow moved by it. The gratefulness of the recipient was obvious.

How nice to witness that act of kindness on such a busy day.

Merry Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment