Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 48 People

I could blog about meeting with my business coach today and all that we talked about. I could mention that we discussed my business plan and how to fine tune it and how to present it to people who could help me with my vision. We also discussed why I struggle to ask people for help.

I am learning that there are a number of unhealthy thought patterns and philosophies regarding sharing my vision with other people. The fact that I am blogging openly about this Christmas project proves that I am overcoming some of these, but when I meet with her, I realize I have more growing today.

My coach inspires me. She has her own creative endeavors to pursue so we ended our session with her sharing her own vision with me and it encourages me to keep going. We compare experiences. I am not alone.

But I want to focus this blog tonight on the breakfast I had with a friend early this morning. As she poured out more of her life story (we are just starting to get to know each other better), my heart was moved with compassion. Her tears touched me deeply.

I walked away this morning with a renewed realization that I am really starting to care about the people who listen to my music and support what I do on a level way beyond the music. The music is a connector to deeper things, it's just the starting point.

This growing realization is a big part of what is driving this whole project. I want to touch people, with music, and be there as much as I can after the music is played.

A meeting like this morning always helps me to remember that in the end, this is about people.

No comments:

Post a Comment