Monday, February 18, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 60 Take a deep breath

I received the project cost for doing a Christmas CD from one of the producers I've been considering.

About $30,000.00 give or take a few $.

It's taken me most of the weekend to recover.  Though I knew it would be over $20,000.00, somehow I wasn't prepared for 30k.

Just for perspective......I read an article recently where they listed what the music industry generally spends on a new start-up "pop" artist.  4 Million bucks.  $200,000.00 for the recording.  This is a generalization of course, but if I just think about that figure, $30,000.00 is nothing right?!

WRONG.  (that mental game isn't working well)

Take a deep breath with me.  Say the word....MIRACLE with me.   : )

So now that I've had the weekend to recover, tonight I sent off a demo of the songs to another producer - the one I've been using for years.  Each producer brings something different to the table (just like anything in life).  So it's sometimes a matter of choosing the one that makes sense overall.  The new guy offers a fresh spin on things, my regular producer offers experience and history and a new alignment with WORD and The Gospel Music Association.  Both could be advantageous for us artists.

Now I wait for a response from him to see what he can do.

Either way, I'm still recovering.....

Take another deep breath.

P.S. Tonight my husband compared the project he's working on to an elephant.  (He's getting the idea of eating it one bite at a time).  He said his elephant is gaining weight and he can't eat it fast enough.   Ha ha ha!  I know the feeling.  BIG elephants here in Newville, PA these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment