Thursday, March 21, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 82 "This is not a diet"

Yesterday I wasn't able to work on my project.  I worked at the church, had lunch with a friend and then went back to work at the church and later returned for evening rehearsals.

I walked into a sanctuary filled with hand bells, timpani and brass rehearsing a gorgeous arrangement for Easter Sunday.  I am so privileged to work at a church with so many talented people!  In fact, working at this church has given me some new inspiration toward creative projects again that was slowly dying.  But that story is for another day.

I did, however, receive 9 anonymous comments on my blog yesterday.  I have no idea what part of "holes in the sheets" brought out so many other bloggers, but they had nothing to do with anything I wrote.  One of them mentioned exercise tips for people who are dieting (the elephant diet isn't that kind of diet!!!!), but other than that, I'm not sure what topics like biotechnology have to do with my blog.  They left their blog address so I assume I was supposed to check out their blogs.  I have to wonder if these were computer generated responses to bloggers because really......the comments had nothing at all to do with what I wrote.  (I deleted them by the way).

I guess it's the nature of being a blogger.  I'm still navigating my way through this new outlet, but aside from odd comments, I do love what blogging is doing in my life on so many levels.

But today, my one bite was going to be meeting with the sound company to discuss costs and possibilities for the show, but alas, we have to wait until next week.  I am learning to trust that my steps are indeed ordered and that everything will work out as it needs to.  Oh what peace it is to approach things this way.

So for now, I have some big jobs ahead of me - speaking in NY, concerts and worship leading in CO....so for the rest of this day and all of tomorrow, I will give up my elephant diet and focus on the tasks at hand.

I'll be back Monday!

....and oh...I discovered ANOTHER hole in our fitted sheet.  Guess I really need to go get a new one.


No comments:

Post a Comment