Wednesday, January 29, 2014

In Front of The Mirror


"How you THINK you look and how you REALLY look are very different. Go home and stand in front of the mirror.

Close your eyes.

Hold both arms out and up to the height of your shoulders to where you think they are level with each other.

Open your eyes.

Most skaters THINK they are holding their arms level with each other but when they open their eyes, they find that they are not level."

So begins my life on the edge.

I'm in my fourth week of skating every morning five days a week.  I've had my second session with Christian, my coach.  I practice all that he teaches me.  I've even stood in front of the mirror and held out my arms (following his instructions above).  I record myself skating so I can see what adjustments need to be made.


"Don't fool yourself into thinking that you are a listener when you are anything but, letting the Word go in one ear and out the other.  Act on what you hear!  Those who hear and don't act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are, what they look like.  But whoever catches a glimpse of the revealed counsel of God - the free life! - even out of the corner of his eye, and sticks with it, is no distracted scatterbrain but a man or woman of action.  That person will find delight and affirmation in the action."  James 1:22-25 (The Message)

If you are going to live life on the edge: you will need to make adjustments.

What adjustments do you need to make in your life so you can live on the edge?







No comments:

Post a Comment