Friday, January 31, 2014

When You Lose Your Edge

I arrived at the ice rink at 6:00 a.m. this morning as usual and when I got out of the car, I realized that I forgot my ice skates......my edge.  I can't just turn around and go get them.  I live 45 minutes away and I have other errands to run afterward.

Fortunately I brought my laptop with me because I thought I might have a few moments between appointments today to do some work.  Let's just say that I am getting a LOT of work done because I have 3 hours to kill until my next appointment.

Thank God for McDonald's and free wi-fi.  Don't worry - I'm not getting any unhealthy foods here.  It would be useless to exercise like I do and then eat a sausage, egg and cheese mcmuffin.   But they do have good coffee.

I am feeling the best I have felt in years since I've begun living on the edge.  I've adjusted my eating, my schedule and yes, even my thinking.  The more I commit to this, the more it affects every single area of my life.

I will now have to go to the gym today to get my exercise in and rearrange my whole day.  There was a day when forgetting my skates would have totally messed up my day.  I would have been down and sad because I couldn't do what I intended to do.  But I've been working so hard on changing my mentality about life in general, that I quickly adjusted my attitude and came up with a good plan B.

There will be days when we just don't have our edge.  Life is busy, complicated and easily interrupted.  Don't worry.  Re-adjust yourself and move ahead.  One thing is for sure, I will probably never forget my skates again.


No comments:

Post a Comment