Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 89 Sore Throats and Singers

I woke up this morning with a sore throat and when I looked in the mirror, noticed a very large white spot on my tonsil.

You guessed it.  I immediately thought....strep throat.

Not NOW!  I've been healthy all winter and just as my bookings pick up again, I wake up with a sore throat???

Tomorrow night I sing in front of 850+ people to help raise money for an agency that supports young women in their unplanned pregnancies as an alternative to abortion.  I plan to sing "Wonderfully Created" - a song I wrote based on Psalm 139.

I wonder how many dreams have been cut short by abortion?  Way too many.  I'm glad to be a part of this event.

Friday I head to New York to speak and sing all weekend.

Strep is a singer's dreaded disease (I know that we are not the only ones who don't want it!)  Neither does a dancer want a broken foot.

I stopped in at the local medical clinic on my way home from the church and after being tested negative for strep, went home thankful to at least know that it's not what I thought.  The white spot is apparently a cyst and has no correlation with the soreness.

Prayers are appreciated as I travel and minister this weekend.

For more information about Morning Star Pregnancy Services click here.  Tim Tebow's mother, Pam, will be the keynote speaker at the banquet tomorrow night.  I'm looking forward to hearing her story.


No comments:

Post a Comment