Wednesday, May 1, 2013

"The Elephant Diet" Day # 102 The Christmas Shop

It all started in a little Christmas shop in Ephrata, PA in September of 1999.

My husband and I decided to celebrate our 10th anniversary in a special way and we saved all summer just to take a two-night vacation at the Inn at Donecker's.  We had a jacuzzi in our room and our own special waiter for our own private dining experience with food on the menu we couldn't pronounce. We had a great time laughing at what we thought we might be getting and hoping it was something familiar.  We thought we recognized the word 'angus beef' in the midst of the strong accent of our waiter and decided to order THAT!

Only problem was, I got a very bad stomach virus the day before we left and though it was short-lived, by the time I recovered, Tom and I were out golfing the next morning and he looked at me and said, "I don't feel so hot" and before we could get back to our room, he was already very sick.  He spent the second night of our 'outing' near the toilet.

I needed something to do that night, since he was definitely not in the mood for company.  I headed out to a local Christmas shop to see what I could find.

I was thrilled and then surprised.  (to be continued).


Update on show details.....


  • Monday at 3:00 on May 6, I meet with Jean and Travis to talk further about the idea of HACC sponsoring my Christmas show.  Pray for the three of us!
  • I heard back from the insurance agent today.  I am required by HACC to have liability insurance for my event.  $200.00 to meet their requirements.  Added that to my expense list.
  • Sent a new recording of "Joy To The World" on the piano for Brian Green to begin orchestrating



No comments:

Post a Comment